Opportunities for Student Workers
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Sasha Ussef, Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for the academic year of 2023-24 will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Position Summary: Gallery Attendants report to the Associate Director of the University Art Galleries. The University Art Galleries at UC Irvine are committed to promoting an intergenerational dialogue between 20th century theories of modern/postmodern art and 21st century theories of visual culture, within the broader global Anthropocene. The UAG provides several exhibition platforms (University Art Gallery, Room Gallery, and the Contemporary Arts Center Gallery) for intergenerational and interdisciplinary dialogue.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to,
- Welcoming and greeting visitors as they enter the galleries
- Opening and closing of galleries
- Maintaining the gallery spaces and exhibitions on display
- Operating lights, av equipment and installations as needed
- Documenting visitor counts
- Answering questions about the art, artists, and exhibitions on view
- Assisting with the installation and deinstallation of exhibitions as needed
Students from all majors are welcome to apply. Experience with, knowledge of, appreciation for, or interest in visual and contemporary art and/or technology is encouraged. Applicants need to be eligible to the Federal Work Study Program.
Registered UCI undergraduate student
Punctuality and attendance
Federal work study required
Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week (Gallery hours: Tuesday through Saturday: noon to 6pm)
This compensatory position is open to all UCI students.
Academic Year: $15.50 per hour
We are looking to receive local art handling and prep resumes for future projects. Please email email@example.com for more information.